Three cheers for the beautiful south of England.
Surfing beaches, clotted cream, the sunniest spot in the UK, and English sparkling wine… just a few of the things we love about the south of England.
So, in our infinite appreciation of our beautiful UK, we decided to create a list. It’s a MUST DO list of special places, beautiful locations, scrummy food and family events that we hope to travel to. Everything on the list can be found ‘down south’.
Curious Campers bucket list
We live on the border of Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, and South Yorkshire; three beautiful counties, in the centre of the UK. We’re in the perfect spot to venture far and wide and we spend a lot of weekends and holidays travelling in our caravan. The plan is to enjoy as many special days out as we can and tick these off our list.
Our list is far from complete. It’s in no particular order. It’s growing all the time.
There is so much to do down south… watch this space.
We’re on it!
100 things to do down south with kids
#Still to visit
1. Eden Project, St Austell Cornwall
2. Bodiam Castle, Bodiam
Visiting Peppa Pig World was an unforgettable family day out, read all about our day out – check it out.
4. Surfing at Fistral Beach, Newquay
5. Tower of London
6. Stevenage Steam Train
7. Corfe Castle
The stunning scenery of Corfe is breathtaking. Check out our week at the peaceful Corfe Camping & Caravanning Club site.
8. Sail to the Isle of White
9. Legoland, Windsor
10. Stonehenge (to see the sunrise), Wiltshire
11. The Roald Dahl Museum, Great Missenden
12. Science Museum, South Kensington London
13. Warner Bros Studio Tour, Hertfordshire
14. Natural History Museum, London
15. Tintagel Castle, Cornwall
16. Jurassic Coast, Devon & Cornwall
17. Monkey World
18. New Forest National Park
19.White Cliffs of Dover
21. Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
22. Adventure Island, Southend-on-sea
23. Dover Castle
24. Winchester Cathedral
25. London Theatre trip (The Lion King or Matilda… we can’t decide)
26. Borough Market
27. Beachy Head
28. Tate Modern (Family Zone), London
30.Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Afternoon Tea, One Aldwych
31. Hampton Court Palace Maze
32. The Minack Theatre
33. Poldark Mine
34. Cornish Seal Sanctuary, Helston Cornwall
35. Perranporth Beach
A totally incredible beach. Majestic cliffs, incredible surf and a fabulous beach bar on the beach… we loved Perranporth!
Help us find the most special places down south
We’d love to hear your recommendations.
Tell us about the most special and unique places that the south has to offer. We’d love to hear from you.